Special Contact Lens Fitting
Contact lenses for some, are not just a wonderful alternative to glasses because they give an unlimited visual field, but provide the essential visual solution for their everyday life. Corneal conditions such as Keratoconus and Keratoglobus make it most of the time impossible for the patient to see clearly enough with glasses. The reduced and distorted vision with glasses, frequently affects disastrously the quality of life of such patients, especially if it is not adequate for driving or not adequate to keep such patients in employment.
At Xenophontos Opticians we offer special contact lens fitting services not only for patients with corneal conditions like the ones mentioned above but also for patients who:
- have undergone a corneal transplant; according to a study carried out at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, approximately 50% of patients with keratoconus who have undergone a corneal transplant, will need a special fitting contact lens after their surgery, in order for their vision to be improved adequately
- suffer from sever dry eye syndrome which can cause serious eye discomfort as well as poor vision
- are unable to achieve good vision with glasses because of trauma that they have been exposed to one or both eyes (such traumas usually involve the front surface of the eye)
- are uncomfortable in bright light because of eye trauma that has affected the iris
- have undergone unsuccessful refractive surgery in the past and as a result can only achieve satisfactory vision with special fitting contact lenses